Our environmental Policy
At the Quan Yin Healing Centre (QYHC) we strive to be a sustainable and green business by reducing the negative impact we have on the environment in every way possible.
We acknowledge that improving our environmental performance is an ongoing challenge that we will continuously address. There will always be room for improvement and we will meet this challenge with commitment and enthusiasm.
What are we doing to make a difference?
* The clinic is run by 100% accredited renewable energy through Diamond Energy, who have recently been top ranked (with 5 stars) in the Greenpeace Electricity Guide for the third time in a row.
* The clinic is stocked with only recycled paper products - including our paper, folders, filing system, and paper towel.
* We have an extensive recycling program, that includes special recycling boxes for office supplies, plastic gloves (which our acupuncturist goes through very rapidly), plastic acupuncture needle tubes, foil snack wrappers, batteries and soft plastics as well as the standard council recycling items.
* We have a compost system where we can compost our food scraps, paper towel, tissues and cotton balls.
* After sorting our recycling and composting, we are left with very little rubbish, so we are approaching zero waste.
* When we offer you water or tea, it is in a Simply Cup which is fully recyclable and made out of renewable resources. We collect all our used cups and take them to our nearest Simply Cups Recycling Point which is in Blaxland.
* Our herbal tea is organic and fair-trade.
* We use only non-toxic cleaning products that do not place pressure on our waterways.
* We replaced 24 halogen down-lights with energy efficient LED light globes to significantly decrease our energy consumption.
* We even have a staple-less stapler and pens made out of recycled paper!
Green business is the way of the future. If you have any suggestions as to how we can make our clinic more eco-friendly, please do let us know!